Sunday, February 20, 2005

Saturday Night: Stan Visits

My boy from Brown and future doctor (I'm relying on all my med school friends to specialize in different fields so I'm always covered) came into New Yoke City and despite drinking heavily on Thursday night and Friday night -- my liver yelling, "Stop! No More!" -- I still had to go out once again for my boy Stan's visit last night. Mike and I met up with Stanley at Penn Station and then hopped in a cab for the Corner Bistro aka My Favoritist Burgers. Although it was farking retahded that the cab driver couldn't find the Corner Bistro -- Granted it's in a kind of obscure location, but come on'...all cabbies should know the Corner B. It was like a personal affront to me that he didn't know where it was. No tip for you! Stan and me Mike doing it right at Corner B. After one Bistro burger each, two fries and one chili cheese fries (money), and three beers each total, we were stuffed. Mike in particular was about to die while Stan was in a near food induced coma as he moaned, "I need coffeeee." We hopped into a cab (There would be no extensive walking that night with the cold weather and full stomachs): Mike is about to die from too much food We jumped out at ol' bar standby, Botanica. Ubiquituous flipping off the camera picture Sitting "three captain" as we made fun of the people walking by Mook came downtown Artsy picture of Botanica Beer O' Choice: PBR All night at Botanica, Stan was obsessing over this crack on the table wondering how it got there Botanica was a bit wack that night, so we headed out and decided to go to The Park on W. 17th and 10th Avenue. I don't generally go to these places especially when I'm wearing sneakers and rolling with three other dudes -- as handsome as we are -- and only one girl, but we surprisingly got in without much of an issue, although the door guy did take a second look at Mook's black shoes. Weird. I think I was the only dude wearing sneaks in that joint. But that night was about Stan and him having fun. The Park is Stan's element, as evident in his silly ass grin: He's likin' it I'm glad the Bloomberg crackdown on smoking inside bars and clubs isn't being enforced anymore. I think I 'bummed' six cigarettes from people in that place: Smokin' and drinkin' I'm not quite sure how to discuss this (I hope she never finds this site), but the girl rolling with us that night was brought in by Mook. She met up with right before we left Botanica. I forgot her name (I'm sorry -- I am the worst with names), but she was ... very short. Sweet girl, but we were all collectively thinking, "holy shit, she's fuckin' short." Not that that deterred my friend, Stan: Candid conversational action shot between girl and Stan We were at the Park for awhile. It was a funny night for me. I enjoyed mainly the people watching. I met a girl who knew me from this site (Hi, Minji's friend! I'm sorry I forgot your name. Like I said, I am the worstest with names) and I saw other people looking at me as if they knew me. The biggest low point last night was when some ass stole Mook's cell phone, wallet and iPod from his jacket. Fucking Bastard. I think we left the club around...4 and as we were milling around outside, a brawl broke outside. Unfortunately, I was so enthralled by the action, I forgot to take pictures. Some more funny stuff happened outside the Park which I can't really discuss here because I'd like to remain Stan's friend. Haha. But of course, those of you (eg. Winer) who want to know, just IM me. We all went our separate ways, and Stan and I took a cab back uptown and got off at Tom's Restaurant for some omlette and chicken tender action after which we got back to my place to crash for the night. Before all that however, we drunk dialed Mike, Winer and Allan in the cab: I think he was in the middle of yelling for Allan to pick up And took funny pictures: The End. Good times, Stan! Hopefully I'll see you again next weekend at Pat's kegger.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?